- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
How many lettuce varieties can you name?
We love a classic Caesar salad with its crisp romaine lettuce, crunchy croutons and slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. But if you're looking to up your salad game, there are more lettuces you need to know than just romaine. From delicate little gem to peppery mizuna, here are seven must-try lettuce varieties.
Mâche, also known as corn salad or lamb's lettuce, is a popular European green with a sweet, nutty flavor. Try it in star chef Eric Ripert's salad with curry vinaigrette.
2. Little Gem
"Traditional Moroccan dishes can be quite heavy; I'm always looking for ways to make them lighter and brighter," says cooking school teacher Tara Stevens, who uses delicate gem lettuce in this fantastic roasted beet salad.
Try spicy mizuna greens with sliced kumquats and yuzu juice in this refreshing modern Japanese salad.
Plump nutty chanterelle mushrooms pair well with slightly bitter frisée lettuce in this warm, springy salad.
7. Bibb Lettuce
Star chef Scott Conant makes vegetables part of the dressing for these fun bibb lettuce salad cups.