- 10 Recipes That Celebrate the Oozy Glory of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 5 Delicious DIY Jerky Recipes for National Jerky Day
- 7 Surprising Ways to Instantly Upgrade Your Tacos
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
Put on your pasta pants and bring your salted water to a boil—it's National Macaroni Day! These super comforting, indulgent mac and cheese upgrades are the perfect way to celebrate.
Put on your pasta pants and bring your salted water to a boil—it's National Macaroni Day! These super comforting, indulgent mac and cheese upgrades are the perfect way to celebrate:
1. Streetbird’s Return of the Mac
This easy and delicious mac and cheese recipe by starchef Marcus Samuelsson features three kinds of cheese, including cream cheese for that extra creaminess.
2. Macaroni with Summer Squash, Salami, and Ricotta Tomato Sauce
Sun-dried tomatoes add lots of flavor to the sauce.
3. Spicy Easy Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Fresh jalapeños add a spicy twist to this classic stovetop mac and cheese.
4. Macaroni Gratin
This delicious macaroni gratin is a far cry from American macaroni and cheese. Chef Benoît Guichard cooks the pasta in milk, then cools the cooking liquid down with ice cubes, a technique that keeps the macaroni from drying out. The dish can be served as a main-course pasta for four with a salad or as an accompaniment to roasted meats or poultry.
5. Macaroni-and-Beef Casserole
Hearty and cumin-scented, this casserole has an irresistible cheesy-crisp topping.
6. Mushroom and Hominy Macaroni and Cheese
This comforting macaroni and cheese recipe incorporates mushrooms, white wine, thyme and hominy for an indulgent, updated dinner staple.
7. Baked Macaroni with Mortadella and Mozzarella
Chef Paul Kahan ramps up this Italian take on mac and cheese with fresh mozzarella, mortadella, eggs and a rich pork ragù.