- 8 Noodle Dishes for Chinese New Year
- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
It’s summertime, and the living’s easy. Use this logic when preparing your next meal. Here, seven killer summer side dishes that only require five ingredients.
It’s summertime, and the living’s easy. Use this logic when preparing your next meal. Here, seven killer summer side dishes that only require five ingredients:
1. Heirloom Tomato Salad
"This is the tomato salad I make almost every day," Norwegian food columnist and TV chef Andreas Viestad says. Since he always uses different varieties of tomatoes, the salad tastes different each time.
2. Green Bean-and-Tomato Salad with Tarragon Dressing
This supersimple bean-and-tomato salad, tossed with a tarragon-flavored dressing, is perfect for summertime picnics,
3. Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Pancetta
Chef Fabio Trabocchi sears golden, buttery fingerling potatoes and tosses them with fresh dill; if you can't find fingerlings, try baby Yukon Gold potatoes. For a lighter version, leave out the pancetta.
4. Grill-Baked Potatoes with Chive Butter
These supereasy, indulgent potatoes are layered with pats of chive and sour cream butter, then wrapped in foil and grilled until soft and delicious.
5. Green Mango Salad
The mangoes in this jalapeño-spiced salad are full of vitamin C. Be sure to use firm, underripe fruit: They add an essential tang to the recipe.
6. Skillet-Charred Cherry Tomatoes with Basil
Chris Cosentino remembers charring tomatoes when he was a line cook under chef Mark Miller at Red Sage in Washington, DC. "Mark always said, 'It needs fleck,' " Cosentino says, referring to the blackened bits on the skins. "The fire brings out the sweetness in the tomatoes."
7. Avocado and Radish Salad
This salad makes a refreshing addition to any summer meal.