- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
There's nothing like a dinner of just-caught fish—especially when you did the catching. Here are seven incredible freshwater fish recipes to try after your next successful fishing trip.
There's nothing like a dinner of just-caught fish—especially when you did the catching. Here are seven incredible freshwater fish recipes to try after your next successful fishing trip:
1. Trout with Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
This quick dish from chef Viet Pham features trout fillets in a bright and tangy vinaigrette.
2. Spicy Butter-Steamed Bass
Topping bass fillets with pats of supercreamy butter before steaming them creates an instant sauce as the butter melts into the fragrant fish and lime juices.
3. Jerk Catfish
The Jamaican spice treatment called jerk isn't just for meat and chicken; it's great on fish too. Rub the spice paste on catfish fillets and broil for a crisp, spicy coating.
4. Lake Trout with Fingerling Potatoes and Bacon
It's hard to go wrong with crispy bacon, buttery white wine sauce and tender fingerling potatoes.
5. Striped Bass Poached in Herb Butter
This lemony four-herb butter is delicious with any type of white fish.
6. Crisp Lime Brook Trout
Extra-hot oil is the secret to this crisp-skinned fish. It's served with a simple lime dressing.
7. Catfish with Tomatillo and Garlic Sauce
Meaty, moist catfish is one of chef Rick Bayless' favorite candidates for the grill or broiler. Bluefish steaks or skewered scallops are also great for this recipe.