- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
They’re only in season for a short time, so stock up! Here are seven super delicious recipes to make with glorious, juicy nectarines.
Dubbed the “fuzzless peach,” summer nectarines have a sweet and meaty flesh that's perfect when eaten on it's own, and even better when baked or grilled. They’re only in season for a short time, so stock up! Here are seven super delicious recipes to make with glorious, juicy nectarines.
1. Nectarine Pavlovas
Pastry chef Caitlin Freeman arranges thin slices of nectarine on a meringue shell filled with pastry cream to create a stunning dessert inspired by a Modigliani portrait.
2. Triple Ginger Nectarine Jam
Three different types of ginger—dried, candied and fresh—add a great depth of flavor to this nectarine jam.
3. Raspberry Gelatin with Nectarines
This silky, sophisticated fruit gelatin is an ideal dessert for a late-summer day.
4. Nectarine-Gingersnap Hobo Packs
Crushed gingersnaps are like a streusel topping for grilled nectarines.
5. Nectarine-and-Plum Crisp with Oatmeal Streusel
It's not easy to make a healthy crisp: The topping always has lots of butter and sugar. Star chef John Currence makes his streusel with a mix of oats, whole wheat flour and brown sugar and a little butter-oil blend to keep it crumbly.
6. Bourbon-Nectarine Ice Cream Sundaes with Pound-Cake Croutons
This is an excellent grown-up version of an ice cream sundae, made with lush nectarines cooked in bourbon. The best part: the crisp, buttery pound-cake croutons.
7. Nectarine and Cream Cheese Monte Cristos
Monte Cristos are sandwiches that are dipped in beaten egg and griddled like French toast. This one can be eaten for breakfast or as dessert.