- 5 Last-Minute Wine Gifts to Buy for Yourself
- 11 Finger Foods for New Year's Eve
- Bien Cuit's Beautiful, Brightly Flavored Bûche de Noël
- 5 Pricey Foods Worth Buying for New Year's Eve
- Where to Find Festive Holiday Cocktails
- The Cookie Takeover
- 7 Tiny Gifts for Food Lovers
- 14 Warming Drinks for Winter
- Portland's Secret Holiday Cookie Club
- 8 Easy Casseroles for a Crowd
Ginger cookies are essential for any holiday swap.
Ginger cookies are essential for any holiday swap. Here are seven fantastic ginger cookie recipes to bake for the holidays.
1. Gluten-Free Buckwheat Gingerbread Cookies
Buckwheat flour adds earthy flavor and hearty texture to these soft cookies.
2. Ginger Sandwich Cookies
Fresh lemon cream is sandwiched between two delicious gingersnap cookies.
3. Ginger Studded Sugar Cookies
The sweet, candied-ginger dough can be rolled out and cut into any shape or formed into logs for simple slice-and-bake cookies.
4. Spiced Ginger Cookies
Cinnamon, allspice and ground white pepper lend to the spice in these crispy cookies.
5. Ginger Brandy Snaps
These delicate cookies were a teatime staple of Boston's oldest women's clubs.
6. Ginger Almond Cookies
Toasted almonds add crunch to this addictive cookie.