- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 10 Recipes That Celebrate the Oozy Glory of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 5 Delicious DIY Jerky Recipes for National Jerky Day
- 7 Surprising Ways to Instantly Upgrade Your Tacos
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
Meet the white pizza, a flavorful blank slate for your favorite toppings. Here are seven awesome white pizza recipes to try:
Not all gooey, cheesy pizza requires red sauce or tomatoes. Meet the white pizza, a flavorful blank slate for your favorite toppings. Here are seven awesome white pizza recipes to try:
1. White Pizza with Sweet Italian Sausage
This pie tastes best when made with commercial mozzarella and ricotta.
2. Scallop-and-Bacon Pizza
A quick, garlicky béchamel stands in for crème fraîche and cheese in this luxurious white pizza.
3. Pizza Bianca with Truffle Oil
Ricotta and creamy Taleggio cheeses top these wonderful white pizzas. In a final touch of decadence, the pies are drizzled with a little truffle oil right before serving.
4. Summer Squash-and-Arugula Pizza with Fontina Cheese
For a fantastic white pizza (made with no sauce), Thomas McNaughton tops his amazing crust with creamy fontina, salty Parmigiano-Reggiano, tender squash, spicy chiles and lightly bitter arugula.
5. Four-Cheese Grilled Pesto Pizza
This crowd-pleasing white pizza is lightly charred on the grill and topped with a garlicky pistachio pesto and four cheeses: mozzarella, Fontina, provolone and scamorza (a cow's-milk cheese that’s like a dry mozzarella). If scamorza isn’t available, double the amount of mozzarella.
6. White-Bean-and-Pancetta Pizza
Chardonnay makes a fantastic pairing with this delicate pizza.
7. White Clam Pie
Don’t knock it until you try it—fresh cockles make for a superfantastic pizza topping.