- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
You don’t have to make eyeball garnishes to create a scary, Halloween-themed cocktail. Instead, simply mix up one of these supertasty midnight-hued cocktails.
Amaro Lucano is a slightly bitter herbal Italian liqueur that bartender Philip Ward says tastes a bit like chocolate. Combined with rich tawny port and smoky mezcal, it’s a terrific digestif.
2. Eli Cash
This dark, rich cocktail tastes uncannily like root beer.
This White Russian variation is made with aged rum.
This cocktail is bartender Jonny Raglin’s tribute to cocktail ingredients that were ubiquitous a century back but rare five years ago, like pineapple gum syrup, genever and absinthe.
5. Burnside Fizz
With coffee soda, cinnamon and a frothy head of egg white, Burnside Fizz simulates the appearance of a cappuccino.
6. XXX Martini
This vodka martini is spiked with a generous shot of black squid ink.
This beer-and-tequila cocktail is sweetened with a syrup made from panela, a dark, molasses-y Latin American sugar.