- 5 Last-Minute Wine Gifts to Buy for Yourself
- A Love Actually Brunch
- 3 Proseccos Worthy of New Year's Eve
- How to Make Mulled Wine Jell-O (Shots)
- 7 Fast Christmas Seafood Recipes
- The Best Cookies You Can Buy
- Christina Tosi's Sparkle Cookies
- Watch This Ultimate Bûche de Noël Luxuriate in Liquid Chocolate
- 8 Almost-Effortless Holiday Roasts
- Bien Cuit's Beautiful, Brightly Flavored Bûche de Noël
Anyone can make these 7 upgraded versions of classic dishes at home with these recipes.
It's well-known that take-out Chinese food is a Jewish Christmas tradition. Anyone can make these 7 upgraded versions of classic dishes at home with these recipes.
1. Moo Shu Shrimp
Making this one-dish meal is even faster than waiting for takeout to arrive.
2. General Tso’s Chicken
The version here is lighter than take-out because the chicken is only lightly coated in cornstarch and pan-fried rather than deep-fried
3. Steamed Bacon Buns with Hoisin
Packaged biscuit dough and thick-cut smoky bacon reconfigure classic braised pork buns.
Related: 10 Favorite Chinese Recipes
4. Shumai with Crab and Pork
These flavorful dumplings are best served simply with a tad of Chinese mustard and soy sauce for dipping.
5. Ma Po Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
Spicy, stir-fried pork with ginger and garlic is a deliciously piquant foil for silky broiled eggplant.
6. Hung’s Clay Pot Rice
Ginger, garlic and scallions are used to flavor this earthy mushroom-and-bacon-studded clay pot rice.
7. Velvet Chicken
This sweet-and-spicy stir-fry has a fantastic silky texture.