- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- Sangrita is Back and Here's Where to Drink It
- 9 Herbaceous Cocktails to Kick Start Spring
- The Top 10 Cocktails of 2015, According to Google
- The Strange Places Bartenders Find Inspiration
- 5 Football Beers That Won’t Obliterate You
- What To Drink When It's Not Quite Winter, Not Yet Spring
- 7 Extra-Boozy Spiked Eggnog Recipes
- 7 Best Cocktails to Drink While Cooking Weeknight Dinners
- Why the Michelada is the Best Super Bowl Beertail
Often relegated to being a secondary sangria ingredient, brandy (specifically aged brandy) is a spirit worth surfacing this time of year.
Often relegated to being a secondary sangria ingredient, brandy (specifically aged brandy) is a spirit worth surfacing this time of year. Made by distilling wine, brandy is brighter and fruitier than other brown spirits, but it still has those terrific fall spice flavors to make you feel warm and cozy. Here, seven great cocktails to make with brandy right now.
1. Brandy-Wine Punch
A great fall party drink, this punch is made with nutty amontillado sherry, ruby port, brandy, fresh lemon juice and sparkling wine.
2. Brandy Old-Fashioned
A flavorful maraschino-cherry-and-orange syrup highlights the brandy’s festive brightness.
3. Brandy Alexander
This old school, sweet and creamy cocktail is the perfect boozy dessert substitute.
4. Brandy Crusta
The key to this frothy cocktail is the garnish: a very long lemon peel.
5. Brandy Milk Punch
It’s not eggnog season yet but it is milk punch season.
Maple syrup and allspice liqueur give this cocktail a pronounced autumnal flavor.
7. Boss Tweed
Brandy joins Scotch and light rum in this heady, boozy drink.