- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 5 Warming Recipes for National Hot Toddy Day
- 11 Absinthe Cocktails for National Absinthe Day
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 5 Things to Drink in Jamaica
- 5 Beers Made by Real Monks
Often relegated to being a secondary sangria ingredient, brandy (specifically aged brandy) is a spirit worth surfacing this time of year.
Often relegated to being a secondary sangria ingredient, brandy (specifically aged brandy) is a spirit worth surfacing this time of year. Made by distilling wine, brandy is brighter and fruitier than other brown spirits, but it still has those terrific fall spice flavors to make you feel warm and cozy. Here, seven great cocktails to make with brandy right now.
1. Brandy-Wine Punch
A great fall party drink, this punch is made with nutty amontillado sherry, ruby port, brandy, fresh lemon juice and sparkling wine.
2. Brandy Old-Fashioned
A flavorful maraschino-cherry-and-orange syrup highlights the brandy’s festive brightness.
3. Brandy Alexander
This old school, sweet and creamy cocktail is the perfect boozy dessert substitute.
4. Brandy Crusta
The key to this frothy cocktail is the garnish: a very long lemon peel.
5. Brandy Milk Punch
It’s not eggnog season yet but it is milk punch season.
Maple syrup and allspice liqueur give this cocktail a pronounced autumnal flavor.
7. Boss Tweed
Brandy joins Scotch and light rum in this heady, boozy drink.