- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Creamy, cheesy potato gratin is a guaranteed holiday side dish hit.
Creamy, cheesy potato gratin is a guaranteed holiday side dish hit. Plus, it’s super easy to make using this simple slicing method from Food52’s Merrill Stubbs. Here, seven of the best-ever potato gratins to make for Christmas dinner.
1. Golden Potato and Porcini Gratin
Umami-packed porcini mushrooms give this indulgent dish delicious depth of flavor.
2. Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs
This creamy but creamless recipe gets great flavor from thyme and rosemary.
3. Herbed Potato Gratin with Roasted Garlic and Manchego
One of chef Jose Garces’s favorite side dishes, this gratin combines lots of sharp, nutty Manchego cheese and smoky San Simón cheese for rich, complex flavor.
4. Canadian Bacon, Potato and Swiss-Chard Gratin
This dish is hearty enough to be a main course on its own.
5. Celery Root and Sweet Potato Gratin
To make this gratin even more decadent, the celery root and sweet potato slices are layered with bacon and Gruyère cheese.
6. Potato Gratin with Juniper Berries
Juniper berries add intrigue to potatoes baked with broth and topped with crisp golden bread crumbs.
7. Provençal Potato Gratin
This recipe comes from a cluster of villages in the hills of the Diois region in the south of France.