- 6 Super-Satisfying Vegetarian Stews
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 5 Ways to Use a Dip Most Americans Have Never Heard Of
- 4 Crispy-Cheesy Margherita Pizza Recipes
- 7 Gooey, Buttery Breakfast Pastries to Make This Weekend
- 9 New Ways to Make Waffles
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 10 Super-Cozy Winter Brunch Dishes
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 11 Healthy Vegetarian Dishes for Earth Day
Warm, cheesy toasts are deliciously easy snacks. But add an extra ingredient or two and serve them with a green salad and (tada!) you've got an excellent, no-fuss dinner.
From a jalapeño-spiked mozzarella toast to a fast cheddar version with red onions and peppers, here are seven cheesy toasts that are super for supper.
This terrific vegetarian open-face sandwich features soft, sweet onions cooked with smoked paprika.
Star chef Stephanie Izard loves topping cheese toasts with her tangy, slightly bitter broccoli rabe relish.
What's the secret to keeping the toast perfectly crisp? Spread the ham topping on just before baking.
4. Fromage Fort
Master chef Jacques Pépin's easy recipe is the ultimate way to use leftover cheese.
Fresh spices and jalapeños add a fun twist to these open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches.
To intensify the flavor of boiled beets and form a rich glaze, chef David Hawksworth cooks them a second time in sherry vinegar and sugar.
These simple toasts come together in just 35 minutes.