- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
The best recipes for a delicious, shrimp-filled Mardi Gras dinner.
You don’t need to catch beads and slurp down Hurricanes to celebrate Mardi Gras (although that’s certainly an option). All you need are some big, sweet Gulf shrimp and one of these delicious Cajun recipes.
1. Shrimp Étouffée
There are as many recipes for étouffeé as there are cooks who make it, but this one is so easy that it’s sure to become an instant classic in your house.
2. Shrimp Boil with Spicy Butter Sauce
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty with these peel-and-eat shrimp.
3. Cajun-Spiced Shrimp and Corn Salad
For this tangy salad, Laurent Tourondel looked to the Gulf Coast, flavoring shrimp with both a Cajun spice blend and Old Bay, a mix of ground peppers, celery salt and other seasonings popular in the South and mid-Atlantic.
Related: Shrimp-and-Crab Gumbo
4. Chile Shrimp and Grits
How do you make creamy grits even better? Fry them in bacon fat.
5. Shrimp-and-Crab Gumbo
This gumbo from chef-owner Donald Link of Herbsaint in New Orleans owes its flavor to the roux, a mix of flour and oil that's cooked until it's coffee-colored.
Related: Fast and Healthy Shrimp Recipes
6. Coconut Shrimp Beignets with Pepper Jelly Dipping Sauce
This bar snack is an ingenious combination of two classic fried foods: crisp coconut shrimp and beignets (fritters).
7. Vermouth-Poached Shrimp with Ginger Remoulade
Instead of tossing shrimp with a mayonnaise dressing, Jacon McCullar reinvents the classic New Orleans dish with a ginger-spiked dipping sauce.