- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
While they're delicious on their own or in desserts, apricots are also terrific in savory recipes.
While they're delicious on their own or in desserts, apricots are also terrific in savory recipes. From super-fast sandwiches to incredible dumplings, here are seven ways to use apricots in savory dishes.
1. Endive-and-Apricot Tartines
These fast, open-face sandwiches combine crisp endive, apricots, toasted pecans and sharp Manchego cheese.
2. Quinoa Porridge with Toasted Almonds and Apricots
Ready in just 30 minutes, this hearty breakfast is made with red quinoa and almond milk.
3. Spicy Apricot Wings
An apricot-based sauce brushed on chicken wings before grilling gives them plenty of flavor.
4. Pistachio-Apricot Biryani
Chef Suvir Saran's version of the classic Indian dish is made with fluffy rice and layers of yogurt, pistachios and apricots.
5. Dried Apricot and Lamb Sosaties
These delicious kebabs are a popular South African dish.
6. Apricot-Thyme-Glazed Roast Chicken
F&W's Kay Chun brushes roast chicken with a buttery apricot-thyme glaze during the last 20 minutes of roasting.
7. Fried Semolina Dumplings with Apricots and Apricot Preserves
These healthy and not-too-sweet dumplings make a great end to a meal.