- 5 Delicious Ways to Salvage Leftover Bread
- Parker House Rolls Worth Fighting Over
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- How to Eat Like an Editor-in-Chief
- 11 Best Recipes to Make on National Coffee Cake Day
- 5 Savory Pancakes and Waffles for Brunch
- 5 Delicious DIY Naan Recipes
- Lamb Burger Recipes for Springtime Grilling
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 9 Reasons You Should Definitely Make Scrambled Eggs Today
Fill your picnic basket like a pro.
Sandwiches are the centerpiece of a picnic spread, and when it comes to packing tasty ones that will go the distance, we've got you covered. From spicy avocado-and-pea sandwiches to a Vietnamese-inspired short rib Banh Mi, here are seven amazing recipes to make for a spring picnic.
Fresh spring vegetables like carrots, spinach and radishes are perfect for these quick, meatless sandwiches.
A tangy chile-herb dressing stars in these fast sandwiches.
Fresh mint and briny feta elevate this simple chicken salad sandwich into a sophisticated lunch.
4. Pan Bagnat
The traditional version of this Provençal sandwich is basically a salade niçoise on a roll. For this vegetarian version, we've omitted the tuna and added fennel and chickpeas. Stuff the filling into hollowed-out rolls and let the delicious juices soak into the bread.
Serve these excellent picnic sandwiches with savory cornichons.
These Vietnamese-inspired sandwiches are a clever and tasty way to use leftover beef stew.
Tyler Kord, the co-founder of New York City's No. 7 Sub shops, smokes the French dressing for his asparagus sandwiches over wood chips. This simplified version gets its smokiness from chipotles and smoked salt.