- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
From creamy split pea soup to healthy gazpacho, here are seven ways to use fennel in soup.
Fresh fennel bulbs and the plant's herbaceous fronds are terrific in all kinds of spring dishes. From creamy split pea soup to healthy gazpacho, here are seven ways to use fennel in soup.
1. Fennel Avgolemono
Tender, lightly caramelized fennel stars in this velvety soup.
This refreshing soup gets delicious tang thanks to a swirl of crème fraîche.
3. Fresh Fennel Soup
Serve this fast soup with a sprinkle of chopped fennel tops.
4. Chilled Fennel-Grapefruit Velouté with Lemon Olive Oil
Citrus oil is used two ways in this tasty soup: for sautéing the fennel and as a garnish.
5. Fresh Pea Soup with Ham
Fennel adds vibrant flavor to this excellent take on split pea soup.
6. Strawberry, Tomato and Fennel Gazpacho
This healthy, vegetarian soup is perfect for a warm spring day.
7. Chilled Sour Cherry Soup with Fennel & Sour Cream
"Fennel might be my favorite vegetable," says chef Nicolaus Balla, who blends it into his supersavory version of the traditional Hungarian soup.