- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
- 9 Best-Ever Strawberry Dishes for Brunch
Start your morning by celebrating early summer's strawberry harvest! Here, seven best-ever strawberry breakfast recipes to make now.
Start your morning by celebrating early summer's strawberry harvest! Here, seven best-ever strawberry breakfast recipes to make now:
1. Strawberry-Almond Scones
These fantastic scones get their hearty but tender texture from a mix of whole wheat pastry flour and all-purpose white flour.
2. No-Cook Strawberry Jam
Made with instant pectin, this gingery strawberry jam from F&W’s Justin Chapple is amazingly fresh-tasting. Instead of canning the jam in hot water, store it in a freezer to maintain its just-picked flavor.
3. Oatmeal with Strawberries, Toasted Walnuts and Skyr
This lovely berry porridge, made with rolled oats, is especially good because it’s not too sweet: There’s no added sugar.
4. Jumbo Strawberry-and-Rhubarb Muffins
When farmers' markets are in full swing, cookbook author and hunter Georgia Pellegrini loves making these jumbo sugar-topped muffins with fresh strawberries and rhubarb.
5. Nutty Granola with Strawberry Compote and Greek Yogurt
Finally, a granola that's not too sweet: This one, from Zoe Nathan, is toasty and crisp, brimming with nuts, dried fruit and coconut. Nathan serves it with plain Greek yogurt—any fat level will do—and a generous dollop of her garnet-hued strawberry compote. This recipe makes extra granola, which keeps well.
6. French Toast Stuffed with Ricotta and Strawberry Jam
Many stuffed French toast recipes call for cutting a pocket into each slice of bread. This one, however, simplifies the technique by sandwiching the creamy, fruity fillings between two slices.
7. No-Cook Overnight Oats with Strawberries
This no-frills recipe combines just four ingredients: rolled oats, milk, almonds and honey. A fantastic breakfast or snack, it pairs perfectly with diced strawberries.