- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Hot weather calls for a cold, refreshing (and creamy) drink. Cool your heels this summer with one of F&W’s best-ever milk shake or smoothie recipes.
Hot weather calls for a cold, refreshing (and creamy) drink. Cool your heels this summer with one of F&W’s best-ever milk shake or smoothie recipes:
1. Mango-Tamarind Smoothie
This creamy mango smoothie is slightly tart thanks to unsweetened tamarind paste.
2. Frosty Strawberry-and-Cream Milk Shakes
A quick puree of fresh strawberries and lemon zest creates a delicious fruit floater for this ultra-creamy milk shake.
3. Açai Super Smoothie
The smoothie here boosts açai’s healthfulness with pomegranate juice.
4. Horchata Milk Shake
Horchata is a sweet, milky iced drink that’s popular throughout Latin America. Mexicans make it predominantly with rice and chef Rick Ortiz blends in vanilla ice cream.
5. Almond-Espresso Smoothie
Chock-full of protein, nutrients and espresso, this energizing smoothie is ready in less than 10 minutes, making it the perfect breakfast-on-the-go.
6. Carrot-Mango Lassi
Star chef Elizabeth Falkner swears by this yogurt smoothie (known as a lassi in India) if she's overindulged: the pinch of turmeric here is great for the liver.
7. Bittersweet Black and White Shake
Homemade chocolate syrup made with bittersweet chocolate is the key to these richly flavored shakes.