- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
Maple syrup on pancakes is a no-brainer. But if you really want to take pancakes over the top, try drizzling on a homemade syrup infused with fruits or spices.
Maple syrup on pancakes is a no-brainer. But if you really want to take pancakes over the top, try drizzling on a homemade syrup infused with fruits or spices. Here, seven delicious DIY syrups to make the next time you whip up a giant stack of pancakes—a task made easy when you use this week’s supersmart Mad Genius Tip.
1. Perfect Blueberry Syrup
This blueberry syrup is packed with vibrant, fresh fruit flavors.
2. Ruby-Red Cranberry Syrup
Pour this pretty, sweet-tart syrup over anything from pancakes to whipped ricotta—or stir it into a cocktail.
3. Beltane Ranch Raspberry Syrup
This incredible syrup is best poured on a stack of buttermilk pancakes.
4. Maple-Rosemary Syrup
Upgrade maple syrup by infusing it with aromatic rosemary sprigs.
5. Papaya Syrup
This tropical syrup gets a kick of spice from chiles and peppercorns.
6. Orange-Maple Syrup
To make a citrus-spiked, not-too-sweet sauce, chef Andrew Carmellini cooks pure maple syrup with fresh orange juice.
7. Caramelized-Pineapple Syrup
This richly flavored, vanilla-ed syrup is great on pancakes or mixed into a boozy ice cream shake with rum or tequila.