- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Take advantage of the heaping piles of fresh summer produce at your local farmers' market with one of these seven seasonal DIY pickle recipes:
Everyone loves a good pickle. Whether they're made with cucumbers, okra, spicy peppers or even tart, bursting blackberries, crunchy, tangy pickles make for a great snack or a fabulous addition to any meal. Plus, they're super-easy to make at home! Take advantage of the heaping piles of fresh summer produce at your local farmers' market with one of these seven seasonal DIY pickle recipes:
1. Dill Pickles
These incredibly simple pickles have just the right amount of garlic and dill and are intensely crunchy and refreshing right out of the refrigerator.
2. Pickled Okra
These zippy okra pickles are terrific additions to cocktails, especially vodka martinis and Bloody Marys.
3. Pickled Summer Peppers
Tangy, spicy and crisp, these pickled peppers are delicious with cheesy sandwiches or grilled meats.
4. Jamaican Jardinière Pickles
Aromatic allspice berries and fiery Scotch bonnet chiles give these pickles their Caribbean edge.
5. Gingery Pickled Radishes
Tangy, crunchy radish pickles are delicious with rich meat dishes.
6. Summer Vegetable Pickles
This is a great way to use whatever you have too much of in your garden. The pickles taste best when they're made the same day the vegetables are picked.
7. Spiced and Pickled Blackberries
These tart and aromatic blackberries are delicious in salads or served alongside cured meats and other charcuterie.