- 8 Noodle Dishes for Chinese New Year
- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
Here, seven avocado dishes to makes for game time.
The United States will step onto the field tonight in its first World Cup match against Ghana. To fuel themselves for the game, the American team brought staples to Brazil, including oatmeal, Cheerios and peanut butter. However, avocados top the list of foods that US players can’t do without: The team consumes an average of one case a day. Here, seven avocado dishes to makes for game time.
1. Guacamole with Charred Jalapeño and Scallions
This smoky guacamole is ready in just 20 minutes.
2. Avocado Tartare
This vegetarian version of steak tartare features finely diced avocados tossed with capers, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Fresh Tuna Salad with Avocado
Avocado halves are topped with delicious albacore tuna salad, but any fresh tuna will work.
4. Avocado-and-Onion Salad
Florida avocados are great for this super-simple salad, since they stay bright and green when ripe and have a mild, slightly sweet flavor.
5. Avocado-Hummus Dip
This fun dip is a mix between hummus and guacamole.
6. Shrimp Tacos with Edamame Succotash and Avocado Crema
These healthy, easy tacos feature a tangy “crema” made by blending avocado and Greek yogurt.
7. Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup
Here’s a refreshing, tangy soup you can easily make ahead of time.