- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
Here, seven avocado dishes to makes for game time.
The United States will step onto the field tonight in its first World Cup match against Ghana. To fuel themselves for the game, the American team brought staples to Brazil, including oatmeal, Cheerios and peanut butter. However, avocados top the list of foods that US players can’t do without: The team consumes an average of one case a day. Here, seven avocado dishes to makes for game time.
1. Guacamole with Charred Jalapeño and Scallions
This smoky guacamole is ready in just 20 minutes.
2. Avocado Tartare
This vegetarian version of steak tartare features finely diced avocados tossed with capers, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Fresh Tuna Salad with Avocado
Avocado halves are topped with delicious albacore tuna salad, but any fresh tuna will work.
4. Avocado-and-Onion Salad
Florida avocados are great for this super-simple salad, since they stay bright and green when ripe and have a mild, slightly sweet flavor.
5. Avocado-Hummus Dip
This fun dip is a mix between hummus and guacamole.
6. Shrimp Tacos with Edamame Succotash and Avocado Crema
These healthy, easy tacos feature a tangy “crema” made by blending avocado and Greek yogurt.
7. Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup
Here’s a refreshing, tangy soup you can easily make ahead of time.