- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Avocados are the best, but there’s only so much guacamole and avocado toast one person can eat in a day. So here’s another idea: avocado soup.
Avocados are the best, but there’s only so much guacamole and avocado toast one person can eat in a day. So here’s another idea: avocado soup. Here, seven simple and delicious avocado soups. Use this smart tip for breaking down avocados to make the soups even easier.
1. Chicken-and-Avocado Soup with Fried Tortillas
Here’s a silky soup that doesn’t rely on cream for its creamy texture; pureed avocados do the job nicely.
2. Chilled Cucumber-Avocado Soup with Spicy Glazed Shrimp
The combination of cucumber and red wine vinegar in this recipe is reminiscent of Greek salads.
3. Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup
This tangy, luscious soup is an excellent make-ahead dish. Simply puree everything except the garnish, then chill.
4. Tangy Green Zebra Gazpacho
Avocado gives this zippy soup a terrifically luxe texture.
5. Chilled Avocado Soup Topped with Crab
This soup is a great way to use leftover guacamole.
6. Avocado and Grapefruit Soup
Refreshing and vibrant, this bright soup is super easy to make.
7. Avocado-Lime Soup with Crab
This soup is made entirely in a blender or food processor.