- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 7 Great Grilled Salads
- 5 Ultimate Blueberry Pancake Recipes
- 5 Best Waffles for International Waffle Day
- 7 Best-Ever Strawberry Breakfasts
- 8 Fluffy, Gooey Cinnamon Rolls for a Perfect Weekend Brunch
- 6 Best Summer Scones
- 7 Recipes to Transform Healthy Spinach into Comfort Food
- 3 Brain Food Lunches for a Smarter Workday
- 7 Ways to Add Spinach to Your Spring Brunch
Since today is National Chicken Wing Day, it’s the perfect excuse to make a big batch. Here, six variations on buffalo wings.
Fifty years ago, Buffalo’s Anchor Bar owner Teressa Bellissimo decided to deep-fry some chicken wings, toss them in butter and hot sauce, and serve them to her son and his college friends as a late-night snack with celery and blue cheese sauce. It was the birth of the buffalo wing—at least, that’s what some people say. However the wings came to be, whether it was Bellissimo’s ingenuity or another cook’s brilliant idea, we can all agree that we’re happy they’re here. Since today is National Chicken Wing Day, it’s the perfect excuse to make a big batch. Here, six variations on buffalo wings.
1. Classic Buffalo Chicken Wings
Here, classic buffalo wings are amped up with extra garlic and hot sauce.
2. Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
These wings are hot, but if you like them incendiary, pass extra Tabasco sauce at the table.
3. Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce
This Thai-inspired twist on classic buffalo wings swaps blue cheese dressing for a homemade peanut sauce.
4. Green Jalapeño Hot Wings
These roasted (rather than deep-fried) buffalo-style wings are smothered in a spicy green jalapeño sauce.
5. Tomato-Glazed Chicken Wings
Baked chicken wings are a good deal healthier than the traditional fried kind.
6. Red Curry Buffalo Wings
For a Southeast Asian take on buffalo wings, coat them in a wonderfully sweet and spicy coconut-curry glaze.