- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
Here, six incredible ways to cook with squash blossoms.
One of the best things about zucchini is its bright orange, delicate blossom. It's perfect for stuffing, frying or finely chopping to add delicious peppery flavor to almost anything. Here, six incredible ways to cook with the fantastic flowers.
1. Squash Blossoms with Pimento Ricotta
Stuff raw blossoms with pimento-laced ricotta for a light and fresh summer hors d’oeuvre.
2. Fried Zucchini Blossoms
For a classic Italian dish, stuff the blossoms with anchovies and mozzarella, then fry them until crispy.
3. Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
In this creative dish, zucchini blossoms are stuffed with chard rolls that are in turn filled with nettles, zucchini, Pecorino, bread crumbs and lots of herbs.
4. Squash Blossom Rice
This rice pilaf has bright yellow flecks and a delicate, unusual flavor from the blossoms.
5. Chilled Zucchini Bisque with Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
Baked zucchini blossoms stuffed with tangy goat cheese provide a delicious contrast to creamy, chilled soup.
6. Roasted Beet Crostini with Zucchini Flowers
Raw zucchini blossoms give these crostini a peppery fragrance.