- 7 DIY Snack Bars for Back-to-School
- How to Cook with Sake
- 7 Savory Waffles You Can Eat for Dinner
- 9 Best Summer Brunch Pastas
- 7 Refreshing Summer Lemonades for Brunch
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Combine Bacon and Summer Fruit
- 7 Savory Ways to Use Figs
- 9 Recipes for Crispy Croquettes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
While butter and cheese make a great topping for gnocchi, there’s a plethora of ways to finish the fluffy, airy dumplings. Here, six of our favorites.
Now that you know the easiest way to make gnocchi (thanks to F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple’s Mad Genius Tip), you’ll be making it all the time. While butter and cheese make a great topping for gnocchi, there’s a plethora of ways to finish the fluffy, airy dumplings. Here, six of our favorites.
1. Mushroom Ragù
Mushrooms sautéed in garlic, shallots and thyme, mixed with white wine and chicken stock make a delicious sauce for extra-potatoey gnocchi.
2. Crab Sauce
The key to John Besh’s creamy pan sauce is a rich crab stock, a splash of vermouth and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
Snails add an earthy flavor to light and tangy fromage blanc gnocchi.
4. Pastrami Ragù
Chopped pastrami makes easy work of a delicious sauce.
6. Green Olive
Tangy green olives add an amazing dimension to comforting gnocchi.
7. Apple Cider Sauce
Bright and tart apple cider is the perfect base for a sauce for sweet potato gnocchi.