- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
Here are six incredible gumbos to make—all perfect for Super Bowl Sunday.
The hardest part about gumbo is making the roux. Luckily, chef Sean Brock is here to demonstrate perfect technique in this week’s video from Panna. Now that you have that skill down, here are six incredible gumbos to make—all perfect for Super Bowl Sunday.
1. Chicken-and-Okra Gumbo
Store-bought rotisserie chicken makes quick work of this meaty gumbo.
2. Andouille, Crab and Oyster Gumbo
Andrew Zimmern’s ultra-simple recipe calls for a quick roux that can be made in just 15 minutes.
3. Shrimp-and-Crab Gumbo
This spectacular seafood gumbo is best with beer. Pair it with a full-flavored brew like Abita Turbodog.
4. Chicken and Smoked-Sausage Gumbo
This hearty gumbo is packed with lots of vegetables.
5. Seafood-and-Chicken Gumbo
Gumbo isn’t a classic slow-cooker recipe, but chef Grant Achatz says it’s a no-brainer. His version is made with spicy andouille sausage, okra, shrimp and crab.
Related: Shrimp-and-Crab Gumbo
6. Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Gumbo
This recipe can be made ahead of time so it’s perfect for a potluck party.