- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Bagels on a weekend morning are a time-honored tradition for many. Take the meal up a notch by adding some homemade cured fish to the spread.
Bagels on a weekend morning are a time-honored tradition for many. Take the meal up a notch by adding some homemade cured fish to the spread. And if you really want to go all the way and have a totally from-scratch bagel experience, try making your own bagels.
Here, six terrific cured fish recipes that would all be amazing on a bagel.
1. Smoked and Cured Salmon with Orange Zest
Cold-smoking is not an option for most home cooks. Instead, this recipe calls for quickly smoking the fish, then curing it like gravlax.
2. Grappa-Cured Striped Bass
Grappa’s slight earthiness and high alcohol make it perfect for curing fish.
3. Salmon Gravlax
Andrew Zimmern’s stellar gravlax is cured with salt, sugar, dill, parsley, red pepper, lemon zest and aquavit.
4. Pastrami-Spiced Gravlax
This salmon is delicious savory, but it’s also slightly sweet from the raw sugar in the cure and the molasses in the glaze.
5. Smoked Trout
Grilling trout with indirect heat gives it a fantastic smoky flavor.
6. Mezcal-Cured Salmon
Instead of smoking salmon, chef Alex Stupak ingeniously adds smokiness with chipotles and mezcal.