- 6 Super-Satisfying Vegetarian Stews
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 5 Ways to Use a Dip Most Americans Have Never Heard Of
- 4 Crispy-Cheesy Margherita Pizza Recipes
- 7 Gooey, Buttery Breakfast Pastries to Make This Weekend
- 10 Super-Cozy Winter Brunch Dishes
- 9 New Ways to Make Waffles
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 5 Best Kale Pesto Dishes for Summer
Smashing garlic isn't just a good culinary skill; it's also a great way to relieve stress. Here, six garlicky recipes that will let you smash away.
In this week's video from Panna, chef Jonathan Waxman demonstrates a very necessary cooking technique: How to mash garlic. Not only is it a good culinary skill, but smashing garlic is also a great way to relieve stress. Here, six garlicky recipes that will let you smash away.
1. Salt Cod Croquettes
These crispy, fluffy croquettes are a perfect match with another great stress reliever, a caipirinha.
2. Salmon Steaks with Soy-Maple Glaze
Smashed ginger and garlic pressed into salmon steaks imparts incredible flavor.
3. Crispy Deep-Fried Ribs
The sauce for these impossibly good ribs includes ketchup and plenty of garlic. It was originally meant for wings.
4. Mushroom-and-Goat Cheese Béchamel Pizzas
A smashed garlic clove gives the sautéed mushrooms a delicious depth of flavor.
5. Thai Grilled Chicken with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Smashed garlic is pureed with cilantro stems and leaves, jalapeños, fish sauce and sesame oil to make a flavorful coating for grilled chicken.
6. Broccoli with Garlicky Tapenade
Pungent, extra-garlicky olive tapenade is a perfect accompaniment to steamed broccoli.