- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 7 Great Grilled Salads
- 5 Ultimate Blueberry Pancake Recipes
- 5 Best Waffles for International Waffle Day
- 7 Best-Ever Strawberry Breakfasts
- 8 Fluffy, Gooey Cinnamon Rolls for a Perfect Weekend Brunch
- 6 Best Summer Scones
- 7 Recipes to Transform Healthy Spinach into Comfort Food
- 3 Brain Food Lunches for a Smarter Workday
It’s common knowledge that fiber-rich foods like beans and lentils cause gas. However, passing gas could be a sign that your gut microbes are keeping you healthy.
It’s common knowledge that fiber-rich foods like beans and lentils cause gas. However, passing gas could be a sign that your gut microbes are keeping you healthy. As microbes feed on fiber and make gas, they produce short-chain fatty acids, which promote the growth of beneficial bacteria that have been linked to weight loss. Here, six great gas-inducing foods to eat now.
1. Lemony Broccoli Salad
Ready in just 10 minutes, this healthy salad features a tangy lemon dressing.
2. Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Peanut Sauce
Nutrient-rich baby bok choy pairs perfectly with creamy peanut sauce.
3. Chicken-Cabbage Salad
This simple, crunchy salad features both Savoy and red cabbage, plus chicken and ramen noodles.
4. Kale Salad with Miso and Pistachios
F&W Chef-in-Residence Andrew Zimmern upgrades the standard kale salad by adding pistachios, sesame seeds and a bright miso dressing.
5. Sautéed Cauliflower Wedges with Bagna Cauda
Pan-seared cauliflower is dressed with garlic and anchovies in this stellar side dish.
6. Spicy Black Beans and Rice
A mix of hot sauce and chile powder adds delicious heat to fiber-rich black beans.