- 5 Epic Banana Cream Pies
- 7 Sweet and Gooey Banana Desserts
- 7 Savory Tarts for a Fall Dinner Party
- 6 Chefs’ Riffs on Apple Pie
- 5 Apple Pie Transformations
- 7 Middle Eastern Dips to Make Beyond Hummus
- A Chef's Incredible 4-Ingredient Secret Sauce
- Green Goddess Dressing: The Retro Recipe That Keeps On Giving
- 7 Epic Homemade Mayo Recipes
- 5 Best Barbecue Sauces for a Backyard BBQ
Zucchini reaches its peak just as state fairs reach theirs. And what are fairs most known for? Fried food. Bring the two summertime institutions together with these six recipes for crispy fried zucchini.
Zucchini reaches its peak just as state fairs reach theirs. And what are fairs most known for? Fried food. Bring the two summertime institutions together with these six recipes for crispy fried zucchini. For easy prep, watch this week’s Mad Genius Tips video on the easy way to core zucchini.
1. Zucchini Saltimbocca
Traditionally, saltimbocca is prepared with veal, sage and prosciutto. This version substitutes zucchini for the veal, and it is equally delicious.
2. Herbed Zucchini Feta Fritters
These fluffy fritters are terrific on their own or dipped into a yogurt-cucumber sauce.
3. Crispy Zucchini Chips
Thin and crispy, these chips are tossed with fried lemon and basil.
4. Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters
Mario Batali’s fritters have a creamy filling, thanks to the ricotta.
5. Minted Zucchini Patties
These golden zucchini cakes are best when served warm, but are still delicious at room temperature.
6. Zucchini Fitters with Deep-Fried Capers
The tangy capers balance these salty fritters nicely.