- 7 Savory Waffles You Can Eat for Dinner
- 9 Best Summer Brunch Pastas
- 7 Refreshing Summer Lemonades for Brunch
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Combine Bacon and Summer Fruit
- 7 Savory Ways to Use Figs
- 9 Recipes for Crispy Croquettes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 7 Ultimate Summer Toasts for Brunch
Zucchini reaches its peak just as state fairs reach theirs. And what are fairs most known for? Fried food. Bring the two summertime institutions together with these six recipes for crispy fried zucchini.
Zucchini reaches its peak just as state fairs reach theirs. And what are fairs most known for? Fried food. Bring the two summertime institutions together with these six recipes for crispy fried zucchini. For easy prep, watch this week’s Mad Genius Tips video on the easy way to core zucchini.
1. Zucchini Saltimbocca
Traditionally, saltimbocca is prepared with veal, sage and prosciutto. This version substitutes zucchini for the veal, and it is equally delicious.
2. Herbed Zucchini Feta Fritters
These fluffy fritters are terrific on their own or dipped into a yogurt-cucumber sauce.
3. Crispy Zucchini Chips
Thin and crispy, these chips are tossed with fried lemon and basil.
4. Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters
Mario Batali’s fritters have a creamy filling, thanks to the ricotta.
5. Minted Zucchini Patties
These golden zucchini cakes are best when served warm, but are still delicious at room temperature.
6. Zucchini Fitters with Deep-Fried Capers
The tangy capers balance these salty fritters nicely.