- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
- 8 Nonalcoholic Party Drinks for Graduation Celebrations
- 5 Ways to Drink Your Turmeric, Super Ingredient of the Moment
- How to Juice Like a Philanthropic Supermodel
Here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
Picture this: You’re snuggled up under a plaid, cashmere blanket next to a fire (or Netflix). It just started to snow, there’s a sleepy golden retriever spooning your legs, and you're holding a giant mug of dark hot chocolate with more than a splash of rum. At Food & Wine, we call that a cozy scenario. This winter, use #cozyscenario on Instagram and we may spotlight yours!
To kick things off, here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
1. Hot Chocolate with Rum
Dark rum is a terrific addition to creamy hot cocoa.
2. Melted Ice Cream Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is so creamy and thick that it could be dessert.
3. Peppermint Paddy
Inspired by the minty candy, this hot cocktail is made with white hot chocolate, rum, brandy and crème de menthe.
4. Hot Chocolate with Máchica
Máchica is a sweetened, spiced grain blend that Ecuadorans use to enrich the texture and flavor of drinks.
5. Dram Delish
This super-indulgent hot cocoa is spiked with rum, maraschino liqueur and allspice liqueur.
6. Superrich Hot Chocolate with Coconut Cream
Chocolate and thick creamy coconut are an incredible match.