- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Make an Ultra-Springy Pimm's Cup
- 9 Gins to Try for World Gin Day
- 5 Better Ways to Take New Year's Eve Shots
- Here's Why a Bloody Bull is Better Than a Bloody Mary
- Spring Drinking from the Pantheon of Modern Classic Cocktails
- Why Christina Tosi Is Bringing Pressed Juice to Milk Bar
- 7 Instant Sparkling Wine Cocktails
Here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
Picture this: You’re snuggled up under a plaid, cashmere blanket next to a fire (or Netflix). It just started to snow, there’s a sleepy golden retriever spooning your legs, and you're holding a giant mug of dark hot chocolate with more than a splash of rum. At Food & Wine, we call that a cozy scenario. This winter, use #cozyscenario on Instagram and we may spotlight yours!
To kick things off, here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
1. Hot Chocolate with Rum
Dark rum is a terrific addition to creamy hot cocoa.
2. Melted Ice Cream Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is so creamy and thick that it could be dessert.
3. Peppermint Paddy
Inspired by the minty candy, this hot cocktail is made with white hot chocolate, rum, brandy and crème de menthe.
4. Hot Chocolate with Máchica
Máchica is a sweetened, spiced grain blend that Ecuadorans use to enrich the texture and flavor of drinks.
5. Dram Delish
This super-indulgent hot cocoa is spiked with rum, maraschino liqueur and allspice liqueur.
6. Superrich Hot Chocolate with Coconut Cream
Chocolate and thick creamy coconut are an incredible match.