- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 5 Things to Drink in Jamaica
- How to Make a Giant Bottled Martini for Your Holiday Party
- 5 Beers Made by Real Monks
- Sangrita is Back and Here's Where to Drink It
- 9 Herbaceous Cocktails to Kick Start Spring
Here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
Picture this: You’re snuggled up under a plaid, cashmere blanket next to a fire (or Netflix). It just started to snow, there’s a sleepy golden retriever spooning your legs, and you're holding a giant mug of dark hot chocolate with more than a splash of rum. At Food & Wine, we call that a cozy scenario. This winter, use #cozyscenario on Instagram and we may spotlight yours!
To kick things off, here are six incredible hot chocolate recipes (both boozy and booze-free) that will upgrade any snuggly situation.
1. Hot Chocolate with Rum
Dark rum is a terrific addition to creamy hot cocoa.
2. Melted Ice Cream Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is so creamy and thick that it could be dessert.
3. Peppermint Paddy
Inspired by the minty candy, this hot cocktail is made with white hot chocolate, rum, brandy and crème de menthe.
4. Hot Chocolate with Máchica
Máchica is a sweetened, spiced grain blend that Ecuadorans use to enrich the texture and flavor of drinks.
5. Dram Delish
This super-indulgent hot cocoa is spiked with rum, maraschino liqueur and allspice liqueur.
6. Superrich Hot Chocolate with Coconut Cream
Chocolate and thick creamy coconut are an incredible match.