Despite its popularity, a quarter of all Americans have never heard of hummus. Here, 5 great ways to use the delicious chickpea spread.
1. As a classic dip. Ready in just 5 minutes, this traditional version is great with pita chips or crudités.
2. Add heat. A generous sprinkle of hot paprika gives this hummus an extra kick.
3. On sandwiches. These healthy open-faced sandwiches feature hummus on multigrain bread topped with roasted red peppers, arugula and tomatoes.
4. In a dressing. Hummus stars in this creamy, complex-tasting vinaigrette, which pairs perfectly with crispy chicken.
5. On pizza. Prepared hummus and garlic flavor this fantastic vegetarian pizza, made with slices of thick zucchini.