- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
- 9 Best Gooey Caramel Holiday Desserts
- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- The Ultimate Guide to Prepping, Cooking and Carving a Thanksgiving Turkey
- 5 New Ways to Make Biscuits
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
Hannukah is here and we've got the best tips for throwing the ultimate latke party.
1. Make your own delicious, crispy latkes from scratch.
It wouldn’t be a latke party without perfectly crisp, golden latkes. In this video, sister brand My Recipes shares how to make the best classic potato latkes.
2. Swap out the potato for other vegetables.
Once you've mastered the classic version, try these incredible twists:
Butternut Squash Latkes
These bite-size latkes make a great Hannukah appetizer.
Beet-and-Potato Latkes with Thyme
Shredded beets add striking color and a vitamin boost to your latkes.
Zucchini Latkes with Red Pepper Jelly and Smoked Trout
Chef Rachel Klein based this excellent recipe on the zucchini fritters her mom used to make for the Jewish holidays.
Sweet Potato Latkes with Wasabi and Wasabi Tobiko
These fantastic latkes mix sweet and spicy flavors.
3. Stock up on wine.
Champagne and latkes are a foolproof pairing: Champagne has plenty of acid to cut through oil and the bubbles are a refreshing palate cleanser. But Champagne isn't the only wine to drink with latkes. Here, more great wines to pair with latkes that will work with a range of toppings—from creamy crème fraîche to salty smoked salmon.
5. Splurge on caviar.
Topping latkes with caviar is an instant (and delicious) way to impress guests. Here, five amazing American caviars to try now.