- 7 Brunchy Whiskey Drinks for Moms Who Want Something Stronger Than a Mimosa
- 4 Outside-the-Box Margaritas
- 8 Cocktails to Try If You Love a Margarita
- 5 Ways to Drink Your Turmeric, Super Ingredient of the Moment
- 7 Instant Sparkling Wine Cocktails
- 4 Sage Beers to Drink This Fall
- Best Pumpkin Beers and Cocktails
- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
If you only drink margaritas in hot weather, you're missing out.
The citrusy cocktail becomes a great winter drink with a few tweaks, like adding herbs or a few warming spices. Here, five great recipes for winter margaritas.
1. Blood Orange Margaritas
Sweet-tart blood orange juice makes for an intensely flavorful cocktail.
2. Ginger Margarita (above)
A homemade ginger-lime syrup gives this drink a touch of spiciness.
3. Pomegranate Margaritas
Inspired by a surplus of pomegranates one year, chef Govind Armstrong came up with this deeply red cocktail.
4. El Quijote
Peach jam, smoky chipotle chile and cinnamon-flavored Goldschlager are the improbably welcome additions to this subtly spicy margarita riff.
5. Pear-Cilantro Margarita
Trust us, this unusual fruit and herb combination is fantastic.