- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Steak isn’t the only thing that can be chicken-fried. You can coat almost anything with egg and seasoned flour and pan-fry it up to crispy, flavorful perfection. Here, five great chicken-fried recipes, including the classic chicken-fried steak.
1. Chicken-Fried Steak with Redeye Curry Gravy (above)
Chef Dale Talde serves his outstanding, crispy fried steak with a richly flavored gravy spiked with curry powder, coffee and Sriracha chile sauce.
2. Chicken-Fried Ribs with Red Eye Gravy
Chef Danny Bowien grew up around a lot of ribs, barbecue and chicken-fried steak. He combines them all here, coating tender baby back ribs with a crispy cornmeal crust and serving them with red eye gravy.
3. Chicken-Fried Pork
In this simple recipe from Atlanta chef Ford Fry, thinly pounded pork chops cook in just minutes, resulting in supercrispy, juicy meat.
4. Chicken-Fried Chicken Livers
Soaking chicken livers in buttermilk, hot sauce and soy sauce makes them extra-delicious.
5. Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken-Fried Rabbit
Rabbit is delicious when it’s fried with a crunchy, lightly spiced coating.