- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
- 13 Extra-Meaty Father’s Day Recipes
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 9 Epic Grilled Steaks for Labor Day
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
Steak isn’t the only thing that can be chicken-fried. You can coat almost anything with egg and seasoned flour and pan-fry it up to crispy, flavorful perfection. Here, five great chicken-fried recipes, including the classic chicken-fried steak.
1. Chicken-Fried Steak with Redeye Curry Gravy (above)
Chef Dale Talde serves his outstanding, crispy fried steak with a richly flavored gravy spiked with curry powder, coffee and Sriracha chile sauce.
2. Chicken-Fried Ribs with Red Eye Gravy
Chef Danny Bowien grew up around a lot of ribs, barbecue and chicken-fried steak. He combines them all here, coating tender baby back ribs with a crispy cornmeal crust and serving them with red eye gravy.
3. Chicken-Fried Pork
In this simple recipe from Atlanta chef Ford Fry, thinly pounded pork chops cook in just minutes, resulting in supercrispy, juicy meat.
4. Chicken-Fried Chicken Livers
Soaking chicken livers in buttermilk, hot sauce and soy sauce makes them extra-delicious.
5. Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken-Fried Rabbit
Rabbit is delicious when it’s fried with a crunchy, lightly spiced coating.