- 10 Wines Under $20
- When Coffee & Cocktails Collide
- 3 Unconventional Vending Machines
- Why Your Next Vacation Rental Should Be a Tiny House
- Who Needs Meat When There's Seafood Charcuterie?
- Why Tahini is Having a Moment
- 3 Eastern European Wines to Try
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- An Insider's Guide to Florence
With a little gelatin and a lot of wiggle, mixologists are having fun with the lowbrow Jell-O shot.
With a little gelatin and a lot of wiggle, mixologists are having fun with the lowbrow Jell-O shot. Here's where to find them.
New York City
Trashy-chic new spot Golden Cadillac pays homage to '70s style in Jell-O-ified cocktails. The Miami Vice layers strawberry daiquiri and piña colada flavors. 13 First Ave.; goldencadillacnyc.com.
Prime 108 in the Union Station Hotel reinvents cocktails as spoonable snacks, like The Wallbanger—topped with mint sugar—and a retooled mint julep. 1001 Broadway; prime108.com.
The Dawson's off-menu Jell-O shots, like mustache-shaped old-fashioneds, are made in vintage jelly molds. 730 W. Grand Ave.; the-dawson.com.
At The Original Dinerant, pastry chef Sally Bowers concocts boozy Jell-O treats like orange Creamsicle, lemon meringue and chocolate grasshopper. 300 SW Sixth Ave.; originaldinerant.com.
Hidden in the back of French dip sandwich haven Cole's, The Varnish serves classics like Negronis in jiggly form. 118 E. Sixth St.; 213nightlife.com/thevarnish.