- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
Festive ideas for your Kentucky Derby party.
The Kentucky Derby is not only the most exciting two minutes in sports, it’s also a great occasion to throw a party catered with things like cheesy, messy Kentucky hot browns and many, many mint juleps. For an added on-theme flourish, serve a few rose-infused foods in honor of the race’s nickname, The Run for the Roses. Here, some great ideas:
Padma Lakshmi love the floral accent an frilly pink tinge rose syrup gives this cocktail.
These beautiful, sugary petals make for an impressive garnish, but they’re super-easy to make.
"Ask anyone on my staff their favorite summer dish, and they'll tell you it's this one," says chef Hoss Zaré. Filled with herbs, nuts, rose petals and raisins, the soup is delicious with grilled bread.
The key ingredient to this creamy dessert is Italian rose syrup, which provides a lovely, delicate floral flavor.
These delicate crêpes get their floral, aromatic sweetness from rosewater and honey.