- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
According to Amanda Cohen, the brilliant chef-owner of the vegetable-centric restaurant Dirt Candy in New York City, we should all be paying more attention to parsley.
According to Amanda Cohen, the brilliant chef-owner of the vegetable-centric restaurant Dirt Candy in New York City, we should all be paying more attention to parsley. This “salt of the vegetable kingdom” has become Cohen’s go-to flavor enhancer for all kinds of dishes. Parsley is “the underwear of my kitchen: I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without it,” she says.
From popcorn to cocktails, here are five fantastic ways to use the versatile herb.
1. Garlic-Parsley Butter Popcorn
Brighten oil-popped popcorn by tossing it with fresh parsley.
2. Parsley Salad
Upgrade the classic green salad by using curly parsley instead of lettuce.
3. Grilled Brats and Onions with Parsley Sauce
A bright, lemony parsley sauce pairs perfectly with grilled sausages.
4. Parsley-Mint Tabbouleh
Fashion designer Reem Acra loves this herb-heavy take on the classic Middle Eastern dish.
5. Parsley Gin Julep
This refreshing cocktail features muddled parsley leaves.