- 7 DIY Snack Bars for Back-to-School
- How to Cook with Sake
- 7 Savory Waffles You Can Eat for Dinner
- 9 Best Summer Brunch Pastas
- 7 Refreshing Summer Lemonades for Brunch
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Combine Bacon and Summer Fruit
- 7 Savory Ways to Use Figs
- 9 Recipes for Crispy Croquettes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
According to Amanda Cohen, the brilliant chef-owner of the vegetable-centric restaurant Dirt Candy in New York City, we should all be paying more attention to parsley.
According to Amanda Cohen, the brilliant chef-owner of the vegetable-centric restaurant Dirt Candy in New York City, we should all be paying more attention to parsley. This “salt of the vegetable kingdom” has become Cohen’s go-to flavor enhancer for all kinds of dishes. Parsley is “the underwear of my kitchen: I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without it,” she says.
From popcorn to cocktails, here are five fantastic ways to use the versatile herb.
1. Garlic-Parsley Butter Popcorn
Brighten oil-popped popcorn by tossing it with fresh parsley.
2. Parsley Salad
Upgrade the classic green salad by using curly parsley instead of lettuce.
3. Grilled Brats and Onions with Parsley Sauce
A bright, lemony parsley sauce pairs perfectly with grilled sausages.
4. Parsley-Mint Tabbouleh
Fashion designer Reem Acra loves this herb-heavy take on the classic Middle Eastern dish.
5. Parsley Gin Julep
This refreshing cocktail features muddled parsley leaves.