- What Makes a Caesar Salad?
- How to Cope When You Can't Score a Patti LaBelle Sweet Potato Pie
- A Guide to Birthday Pie Worthy of P. Diddy
- Canada Can Pry "Grilled Cheese" from Our Cold, Dead Hands
- Why Salads in Alaska Are About to Get Way Better
- Not Ready to Go Full Vegan? Be a Veggan
- Hillary Clinton's Secret Superfood
- This Man Drove 400 Miles for a 1,000-Pound Provolone
- It's Healthy to Visit the Pub, Says Oxford Anthropologist
- Cuddle Goats for a Cause at this Virginia Farm
Bad news: We might be in for a pumpkin pie shortage this holiday season, according to the Associated Press.
Bad news: We might be in for a pumpkin pie shortage this holiday season, according to the Associated Press. Thanks to a very wet June, the Midwest’s pumpkin crop rotted. That means manufacturers won't be able to produce as much filling as usual. Obviously, you have two options: Start frantically hoarding cans of pumpkin, or skip the pumpkin pie this year and plan to eat these delicious alternatives.
1. Sweet-Potato Meringue Pie
This beautiful, crunchy-creamy pie looks like a pumpkin pie, but the filling is actually made with sweet potato.
2. Acorn Squash and Pear Pie
This deep dish pie is made with gingery acorn squash puree and cinnamon-sugar-sprinkled pear slices.
3. Sweet-Potato Pie with Cornmeal Crust
The filling for this pie is extra creamy thanks to coconut milk.
4. Butternut Squash Glazed Tart
You’ll be surprised at how delicious butternut squash is in this elegant dessert.
5. Sweet Potato Chiffon Pie
This sweet-potato pie has an airy, fluffy filling made with stiffly beaten egg whites and gelatin.