- 7 Springiest Party Dishes Ever
- Why Cabbage Deserves an Invite to Your Party
- Lebanese Spice and Sustainable Italian: Edouardo Jordan’s Guide to Seattle
- Old-School Wine and Art-Rock Mexican: David Barzelay’s Guide to San Francisco
- Where to Go for the Ultimate Nightcap: Jeremiah Stone and Fabian von Hauske’s Guide to New York City
- Where to Go for Progressive Po-Boys: Michael Gulotta’s Guide to New Orleans
- Cleansing Juices and Juicy Burgers: Kris Yenbamroong’s Guide to Los Angeles
- Late-Night Oysters and Super-Spicy Thai: Aaron Silverman’s Guide to Washington, D.C.
- The Next-Level Grains That Everyone Should Try
- Smoked Pastrami and Spontaneously Fermented Beer: Chef Kevin Fink's Guide to Austin
The next best thing to getting chef Laurent Tourondel to cater your party.
Five incredible chefs will be cooking at tonight’s epic Best New Chef party, which celebrates the new class of 2016. Among them is the one and only chef Laurent Tourondel, who will be preparing crispy-skinned porchetta. We’re drooling just thinking about it. We wish we could share it with all of our readers, but sadly that’s just not possible. As a consolation prize, here are five recipes from Laurent Tourondel that you can use to totally dominate your next party.
1. Bacon and Tomato Salad
Think of this salad as a deconstructed BLT—it’s great spooned on toasts.
2. Cucumber-Basil Martini
To make this refreshing riff on a martini, Tourondel muddles basil and cucumber the same way he'd mash the ingredients for a mojito; then he pours in gin and a zingy mixture of ginger syrup and lime juice.
3. Fried Green Tomatoes
When firm, tart green tomatoes are coated in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese then pan-fried, they become amazingly crispy on the outside, and warm and juicy on the inside.
4. Hot Cheddar-Garlic Rolls
These easy, ultra-cheesy rolls come together in no time.
5. Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta
For a perfect warm weather bruschetta, chef Tourondel tops toasted country bread with fresh basil pesto and a pile of grille peppers and squash.