- KitchenAid’s New All-Black Stand Mixer Is Insanely Gorgeous
- Calorie Restriction Could Help You Live Longer. Should You Actually Try It?
- What to Do if You Think You've Eaten Recalled Food
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- This Omelet Is How Anthony Bourdain Resets After Travel
- 6 Vegan-Friendly Snack Recipes
- Ultimate Pro Tips for Building an Epic Gingerbread House
- How to Wood-Fire Up Your Grill
- 5 Healthy Grain Dishes That Are (Almost) Better Than Pasta
- Gail Simmons Makes Mini Matzoh Balls, Eats Smoked Turkey on Rosh Hashanah
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients.
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients. La Maison du Chocolat's new collection, which debuts May 18, combines chocolate with porcini mushrooms, caramelized onions, fiery Espelette pepper, black olives and Guérande salt. If you're curious about the concept, here are three savory chocolate recipes to try right now.
Pea Consommé with Mint
F&W Best New Chef 2008 Jeremy Fox tops his healthy consommé with shards of white chocolate, which bring out the peas' sweetness.
Fire-and-Ice Ohio Chili
Ice cream genius Jeni Britton Bauer's amazing chili gets extra richness thanks to a secret ingredient: dark chocolate ice cream.
Mole-Style Baked Beans
Chocolate adds richness to the sauce for these delicious baked beans.