- How to Make Gnocchi French? Add Butter
- Crudité is the Perfect Way to Celebrate Spring and Summer Produce
- I Took a Bath in Maple Syrup
- Steak Frites Is the Perfect Date Food, According to Ludo Lefebvre
- Mushroom Hunting (and Cooking) Lessons from an Expert Forager
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Top 10 Food Moments Every 'Girls' Fan Will Remember
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
- Where to Eat While You Bet on March Madness in Vegas
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients.
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients. La Maison du Chocolat's new collection, which debuts May 18, combines chocolate with porcini mushrooms, caramelized onions, fiery Espelette pepper, black olives and Guérande salt. If you're curious about the concept, here are three savory chocolate recipes to try right now.
Pea Consommé with Mint
F&W Best New Chef 2008 Jeremy Fox tops his healthy consommé with shards of white chocolate, which bring out the peas' sweetness.
Fire-and-Ice Ohio Chili
Ice cream genius Jeni Britton Bauer's amazing chili gets extra richness thanks to a secret ingredient: dark chocolate ice cream.
Mole-Style Baked Beans
Chocolate adds richness to the sauce for these delicious baked beans.