- England's Obsession with Whimsical Dairy Paraphernalia
- 7 Ideas for New Year’s Day Brunch
- The Franks’ Guide to Brooklyn
- Where to Eat Pizza in Brooklyn, by Neighborhood
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
- 7 Sweet Potato Dishes That Aren’t Scalloped, Candied or Casseroled
- 10 Best Holiday Roasts
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Menu and The Dream Kitchens You Can Rent To Cook It In
- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 8 Extremely Delicious Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren’t Pie
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients.
We tend to think of chocolate as dessert, but it can also elevate and transform savory ingredients. La Maison du Chocolat's new collection, which debuts May 18, combines chocolate with porcini mushrooms, caramelized onions, fiery Espelette pepper, black olives and Guérande salt. If you're curious about the concept, here are three savory chocolate recipes to try right now.
Pea Consommé with Mint
F&W Best New Chef 2008 Jeremy Fox tops his healthy consommé with shards of white chocolate, which bring out the peas' sweetness.
Fire-and-Ice Ohio Chili
Ice cream genius Jeni Britton Bauer's amazing chili gets extra richness thanks to a secret ingredient: dark chocolate ice cream.
Mole-Style Baked Beans
Chocolate adds richness to the sauce for these delicious baked beans.