- 6 Ways to Dress Your Kale Salad
- 11 Best Kale Salads
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 10 Best-Ever Blueberry Dishes for Brunch
- Fast, Hangover-Curing BLT Fried Egg-and-Cheese
- 11 Best-Ever Apple Recipes for Brunch
- 6 Dishes Improved with a Poached Egg
- 9 Awesome Ways to Eat Summer Berries for Breakfast
- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 15 Best Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Make the most of ripe summer tomatoes by making them the star of a stellar sandwich. Here, five super delicious tomato sandwiches to try ASAP.
Whether they’re sliced, diced or roasted and peeled using Mad Genius Justin’s Chapple’s quick new method, we love tomatoes. Make the most of ripe summer tomatoes by making them the star of a stellar sandwich. Here, five super delicious tomato sandwiches to try ASAP.
1. Tomato, Prosciutto and Gruyère Sandwiches
Daniel Humm's broiled open-face cheese sandwiches make a terrific snack or a decadent lunch. They evoke classic Swiss fondue because they combine bubbling hot Gruyère with white wine and kirsch, a cherry-flavored spirit.
2. Garlic-Toasted Tomato Sandwiches
This ultimate summer sandwich features juicy tomatoes piled on garlicky grilled bread that has been spread with a creamy mix of feta, mayonnaise and chives.
3. Grilled Portobello and Smoky Tomato Sandwiches
Grilled Portobellos and tomatoes combine with creamy ricotta and crisp tangy arugula to make a satisfying sandwich.
4. Fried Green Tomato BLTs
This is a brilliant marriage of two classics: cornmeal-dusted green tomatoes and a BLT.
5. Roasted Tomato Croques with Pickled Peppers
In this summery spin on a croque-monsieur, roasted heirloom tomatoes are piled on bread that’s slathered with creamy béchamel sauce. After a generous sprinkle of Gruyère, the croques are toasted till melty and browned, and then topped with spicy homemade pickled peppers.