- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 9 Upgrades for Classic Party Dips
- 7 Recipes That Prove Maple Syrup and Pork Are Meant for Each Other
- Fried Cheese Is the Most Comforting Comfort Food Ever
- 5 Gazpachos to Make if You Don't Like Tomatoes
- 7 Best Sauces for Crab Cakes
- Double the Chocolate, Double the Deliciousness
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 10 Simple Tofu Recipes for Beginner Vegetarians
On today of all days, we urge you to put down the Tabasco bottle. It's National Hot Sauce Day, so why not try making your own?
Homemade hot sauces taste more vibrant than store-bought, plus they take hardly any time to make. From spicy Louisiana-style hot sauce to a Caribbean-inspired version, here are five stellar hot sauces to make in celebration of National Hot Sauce Day.
This Cajun-inspired hot sauce features fresh hot red chilies like Tabasco, Cayenne or Serrano.
Small Thai bird chilies star in this blazingly hot sauce.
This jalapeño-cilantro hot sauce can range from mild to spicy depending on how hot the chiles are.
Yellow mustard and a touch of allspice give this fiery sauce a distinctive, complex flavor.
Try this Caribbean-inspired hot sauce with Jamaican patties.