- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
On today of all days, we urge you to put down the Tabasco bottle. It's National Hot Sauce Day, so why not try making your own?
Homemade hot sauces taste more vibrant than store-bought, plus they take hardly any time to make. From spicy Louisiana-style hot sauce to a Caribbean-inspired version, here are five stellar hot sauces to make in celebration of National Hot Sauce Day.
This Cajun-inspired hot sauce features fresh hot red chilies like Tabasco, Cayenne or Serrano.
Small Thai bird chilies star in this blazingly hot sauce.
This jalapeño-cilantro hot sauce can range from mild to spicy depending on how hot the chiles are.
Yellow mustard and a touch of allspice give this fiery sauce a distinctive, complex flavor.
Try this Caribbean-inspired hot sauce with Jamaican patties.