- Five Easy Indian Dishes That Anyone Can Make
- Seven Spoons Blogger Loves Vintage Props and Sugar Buns
- Why You Should Make Slab Pie Right Now
- Lady and Pups on the One Redeeming Thing about Living in Beijing
- The Vanilla Bean Blog on Puff Pastry, Cacao Nibs and No-Churn Ice Cream
- My Darling Lemon Thyme on Eating Gluten- and Dairy-Free
- What to Make for Sunday Supper
- The Faux Martha on Finding Your Inner Blog Voice
- Not Without Dessert
- Sweets You Should Make with Bourbon
The creator of the blog The Clever Carrot picks her top five favorite homemade snacks.
Here, the blogs you should be reading right now, with recipes and tips from their creators.
The blog: Recipe developer and food stylist Emilie Raffa creates beautiful, healthy food—including lots of snacks—on her blog, The Clever Carrot. “A great snack is high in nutrients that will sustain your energy until the next meal,” she says. Here, five snacks she loves.
1. I make these juicy tomato and hummus tartines on sprouted-grain bread. You’ll want to eat this before a good power-shop!
2. For something warm, I snack on crispy oven-roasted chickpeas.
3. My whole-wheat tortilla pizza satisfies carb cravings without the guilt.
4. Rosemary-roasted almonds are naturally packed with nutrients and mood-boosting minerals. A handful is all you need.
5. Creamy smashed avocado on dukkah sourdough is my all-time favorite. I love avocados.
Emilie’s current reading list:
“I’ve been a longtime fan of My New Roots, I have the utmost admiration for her endless creativity. My Name Is Yeh makes me laugh (and I want her white farm sink!). Fare Isle transports me to serene coastal beauty in her whole-foods kitchen and heirloom garden. And this gorgeous blog, Dagmar’s Kitchen: I could stare at her photos all day or just pack up and move to Sweden!”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016). She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.