- This Sweets-Obsessed Blogger Writes Amazing Dairy-Free Recipes
- The Year in Food on Her Secret Vegetable Sauce
- Top with Cinnamon on Blogging Between Homework
- How to Cook from Vintage Recipes
- Advice from a Master
- The First Mess on the World's Healthiest Tea and 20-Minute Meals
- It Turns Out, There is Such a Thing as Chinese Cheese
- Recipes from an Italian Farm
- One Blogger's Beautifully Messy Site
- A Cozy Kitchen on What Gets Her Out of Bed in the Morning
The creator of the blog The Clever Carrot picks her top five favorite homemade snacks.
Here, the blogs you should be reading right now, with recipes and tips from their creators.
The blog: Recipe developer and food stylist Emilie Raffa creates beautiful, healthy food—including lots of snacks—on her blog, The Clever Carrot. “A great snack is high in nutrients that will sustain your energy until the next meal,” she says. Here, five snacks she loves.
1. I make these juicy tomato and hummus tartines on sprouted-grain bread. You’ll want to eat this before a good power-shop!
2. For something warm, I snack on crispy oven-roasted chickpeas.
3. My whole-wheat tortilla pizza satisfies carb cravings without the guilt.
4. Rosemary-roasted almonds are naturally packed with nutrients and mood-boosting minerals. A handful is all you need.
5. Creamy smashed avocado on dukkah sourdough is my all-time favorite. I love avocados.
Emilie’s current reading list:
“I’ve been a longtime fan of My New Roots, I have the utmost admiration for her endless creativity. My Name Is Yeh makes me laugh (and I want her white farm sink!). Fare Isle transports me to serene coastal beauty in her whole-foods kitchen and heirloom garden. And this gorgeous blog, Dagmar’s Kitchen: I could stare at her photos all day or just pack up and move to Sweden!”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016). She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.