- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 5 Ways to Use a Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- Not Ready to Go Full Vegan? Be a Veggan
- 6 Ways to Make Milanese
- 3 Brain Food Lunches for a Smarter Workday
- Skip Delivery, Make Your Own Egg Drop Soup
The best ways to make the chocolatiest cakes ever.
Decadent, rich and one of the only good reasons to use the word “moist,” chocolate cake is a wonderful dessert entirely worthy of its own national holiday. This National Chocolate Cake Day, eschew the light and fluffy versions and instead opt for something more intense: the chocolate cakiest chocolate cake of all, flourless chocolate cake. Here, our best recipes.
1. Flourless Chocolate Cake
Emeril Lagasse’s cake is a chocolate lover’s dream come true.
2. Elizabeth David’s Chocolate Cake
This elegant, grown-up cake gets a touch of bitterness from brewed espresso. It’s amazing with a bottle of Amarone.
3. Flourless Chocolate-Almond Cakes
These molten chocolate cakes get a crunchy twist from sliced toasted almonds.
4. Banana Split Cake
As the flourless chocolate cake that forms the base of this decadent dessert cools, it falls in the center, creating the perfect indentation to fill with light, creamy banana pudding.
5. Gluten-Free Chocolate-Chile Cakes
Sweet-sticky dates and cooked beets are the base for these flourless chocolate cakes from bloggers Melissa and Jasmine Hemsley.