- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
Happy National Banana Cream Pie Day!
While it's hard to choose a favorite pie, the ethereally light and fluffy banana cream pie, would surely make the short list. From classic banana cream pie to creative parfaits, here are five excellent recipes to make in honor of the delicious diner pie.
Self-titled "pie master" Valeri Lucks marries two of her restaurant's best-selling pies: chocolate cream and banana cream.
Cookbook author Joyce White's incredible pie features luscious rum-spiked custard.
Related: 100 Best Recipes Ever: Desserts
To make her outstanding deconstructed banana cream pie, pastry chef Michelle Karr-Ueoka layers eggless chocolate pudding with cinnamon-flavored graham cracker crumbs, ice cream, bananas and banana whipped cream.
This tropical-flavored pie is topped with sweet, crunchy banana brittle.
5. Banoffee Pie
An honorable mention since it's not technically a banana cream pie, this gooey dessert made with dulce de leche, bananas and a thin layer of chocolate is a decadent standout.