- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Savory Ways to Use Figs
- Get Obsessed with Chipotle (the Pepper) Again
- 5 Best White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 9 Must-Make Compound Butters for Summer Grilling
- Video: How to Make the Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- 3 Brilliant Whiskey Punches for Your Next Party
- 5 Best Waffles for International Waffle Day
- 5 Ultra-Cozy Goulash Recipes
- All the Ways Chorizo Can Up Your Grilling Game
Happy National Cereal Day!
Many of us can't imagine starting the day without a delicious bowl of cereal, but there was a time, not so long ago, when cereal as we know it didn't exist. It was not until the late 19th century that dry cereal became popular after Dr. John Kellogg first served his homemade cornflakes to patients in the Battle Creek Sanitarium on March 7, 1897. That's why today, we tip our spoons to Dr. Kellogg and celebrate National Cereal Day.
Take your cereal game up a level with these five incredible DIY versions including crunchy muesli and hearty, gluten-free amaranth.
Make this healthy breakfast with any grain or fruit you have on hand that goes with yogurt.
This fast cereal gets its sweetness thanks to chopped dates and cinnamon.
A drizzle of fresh whipping cream tops this delicious gluten-free cereal.
Protein-rich quinoa cooked with steel-cut oats, cinnamon and sugar makes a hearty breakfast.
Have cereal for dessert.