- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Happy National Cereal Day!
Many of us can't imagine starting the day without a delicious bowl of cereal, but there was a time, not so long ago, when cereal as we know it didn't exist. It was not until the late 19th century that dry cereal became popular after Dr. John Kellogg first served his homemade cornflakes to patients in the Battle Creek Sanitarium on March 7, 1897. That's why today, we tip our spoons to Dr. Kellogg and celebrate National Cereal Day.
Take your cereal game up a level with these five incredible DIY versions including crunchy muesli and hearty, gluten-free amaranth.
Make this healthy breakfast with any grain or fruit you have on hand that goes with yogurt.
This fast cereal gets its sweetness thanks to chopped dates and cinnamon.
A drizzle of fresh whipping cream tops this delicious gluten-free cereal.
Protein-rich quinoa cooked with steel-cut oats, cinnamon and sugar makes a hearty breakfast.
Have cereal for dessert.