- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Shake up your campfire dessert routine with one of these.
The classic campfire dessert is, of course, graham cracker s’mores. But in this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple reveals how to make something that might just trump the marshmallow stalwart: stuffed banana s’mores. Shake up your campfire dessert routine with that gooey treat or one of these:
1. Campire Biscuit S’mores
Another twist on s’mores: Replace the graham crackers with chocolate-studded biscuits.
2. Nectarine-Gingersnap Hobo Packs
Cooked over a fire in foil packets, these supersweet nectarines are topped with streusel-esque crumbled gingersnaps.
3. Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème Fraîche
Grilling berries enhances their sweetness exponentially.
4. Skillet Graham Cake with Peaches and Blueberries
Chicago chef Stephanie Izard’s skillet cake, baked on a grill, gets amazing flavor from graham crackers mixed into the batter and in the crumbly topping.
5. Cast-Iron Skillet Apple Crisp
This rustic apple dessert—a mixture of sweet and tart apples and buttery breadcrumbs—slow-cooks over hot coals.