- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
From the classic pie to updated breakfast muffins, here are five divine ways to celebrate National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day.
There are few ingredients that go together better than sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb. From the classic pie to updated breakfast muffins, here are five divine ways to celebrate National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day.
1. Jumbo Strawberry-and-Rhubarb Muffins
When farmers' markets are in full swing, cookbook author and hunter Georgia Pellegrini loves making these jumbo sugar-topped muffins with fresh strawberries and rhubarb.
2. Sweet Risotto Fritters with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote
Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo, in Rockland, Maine, features these fritters in spring. They taste like sophisticated doughnuts.
3. Deep-Dish Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
This recipe is classic and perfectly tart-sweet. The dough can be made with just butter, but swapping in some lard yields an even flakier crust.
4. Strawberry, Rhubarb and Rose Fool
A classic fruit fool features stewed fruits folded into custard or whipped cream. Here, strawberries and rhubarb get an extra-fragrant boost from rose syrup.
5. Old-Fashioned Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
The sweet, ultra-crispy topping on this dessert perfectly compliments the tangy filling.