- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
From the classic pie to updated breakfast muffins, here are five divine ways to celebrate National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day.
There are few ingredients that go together better than sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb. From the classic pie to updated breakfast muffins, here are five divine ways to celebrate National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day.
1. Jumbo Strawberry-and-Rhubarb Muffins
When farmers' markets are in full swing, cookbook author and hunter Georgia Pellegrini loves making these jumbo sugar-topped muffins with fresh strawberries and rhubarb.
2. Sweet Risotto Fritters with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote
Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo, in Rockland, Maine, features these fritters in spring. They taste like sophisticated doughnuts.
3. Deep-Dish Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
This recipe is classic and perfectly tart-sweet. The dough can be made with just butter, but swapping in some lard yields an even flakier crust.
4. Strawberry, Rhubarb and Rose Fool
A classic fruit fool features stewed fruits folded into custard or whipped cream. Here, strawberries and rhubarb get an extra-fragrant boost from rose syrup.
5. Old-Fashioned Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
The sweet, ultra-crispy topping on this dessert perfectly compliments the tangy filling.