- 5 Warming Recipes for National Hot Toddy Day
- 11 Absinthe Cocktails for National Absinthe Day
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 5 Things to Drink in Jamaica
- How to Make a Giant Bottled Martini for Your Holiday Party
- 5 Beers Made by Real Monks
- Sangrita is Back and Here's Where to Drink It
It doesn’t get much better (or simpler) than a Dark ‘n Stormy. A spritzy, spicy-sweet mix of dark rum, fresh lime juice and good quality ginger beer, it’s a perfect summer cocktail. But sometimes you need to shake things up. Here, five rummy, gingery drinks for Dark ‘n Stormy drinkers looking to try something new.
1. Sweet Lime-Ginger Rum Punch
Padma Lakshmi makes this refreshing punch with dark rum, cilantro, ginger and sweet lime juice.
2. Caribbean Rum Zing
Easy to throw together for a party, this pitcher-perfect drink combines fresh juices with rum, grenadine and ginger ale.
3. Stone Wall
Muddled ginger gives this apple-y drink terrific spice.
4. Act of Union
After reading And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails, San Diego bartender Meghan Eastman learned that Scotch and rum are often aged in the same barrels. That sparked the idea to combine the two spirits in this tart, refreshing egg white drink.
5. Sparkling Lemongrass Coolers
Homemade lemongrass syrup is delicious with ginger beer and a shot of rum.